Yes, you read that right, we’re calling you out on your front lawn, its lackluster curb appeal, and don’t you try to play it down as if you weren’t aware of this issue in the first place. In fact, far too many homes are guilty of just letting their beautiful front spaces go to waste, causing their curb appeal to come crashing down, and failing every first impression test whenever they invite a few friends over.
Of course, we understand that it might not be your top priority given the current circumstances and that some responsibilities should take precedence, but to all the other households who’ve got plenty of time to spare, please don’t let this opportunity slip past your grasp! You see, there’s a lot more to curb appeal than just grabbing people by the looks and increasing your chances of landing a good sale price for when the time comes, and there are a lot more entertaining advantages that meet the naked eye.
It’s Not Just About The Property Value
We can’t deny that the objective goal behind curb appeal investments is to drive property value; however, saying that it’s the only thing you get out of landscaping and beautifying your front lawn is short selling the overall experience. It’s more than just the money involved and the value you unlock; it’s also about the chance to explore your creative side and help spread the love to everyone else around you.
- Bringing Value To The Whole Neighborhood: Firstly, engaging in any curb appeal investments and trying your hand at front-lawn improvements are both excellent ways of bringing value to the whole neighborhood. Plus, it also sets off this domino effect wherein adjacent homes will feel more obliged to achieve the same until you reach a point where numerous houses across your street are doing their unique versions of a front lawn overhaul.
- Coming Home To A Royal Welcome: Secondly, everybody knows all too well about that sluggish feeling of coming back home from a long day of work and running around doing chores, and what better way to end the day than coming to a royal welcome? Sure, it might not seem like much judging by the idea of it, but there’s a certain impact and uplifting feeling that comes with a home that has strong curb appeal that words don’t satisfy.
- An Excellent Alternative Hobby: Lastly, if you’ve been meaning to find a new hobby other than pumping your workout motivation like The Rock or running your mini veggie garden in the backyard, the craftsmanship skills that come with renovations are nothing to scoff at. Moreover, a lot of the planning and organization skills you gain from front yard improvements are general skills that will help you anywhere in life, which might come in handy for complex projects at work.
Not That Big Of A Time Investment People Make It Out To Be
While we totally understand why most people might still be on the fence about the idea of spending a weekend or two upgrading their front lawn for the sake of pushing up their curb appeal scores, it’s not actually as big of a time-sink people make it out to be. In fact, if you know what you’re doing and your due research beforehand, you can knock out a lot of the basic requirements on a good morning rush.
- Upkeep On Your Grass And Shrubberies: First on your list would have to be overall landscaping maintenance in terms of your grass and shrubberies. These two essentials probably make up the most of your front lawn’s general detailing and design options, and they’re also responsible for giving life to your home. So, don’t let them grow out to resemble a modern-day jungle; make time to keep them neat and trim.
- Pinpointing Areas Of Interest With Lighting: You don’t need to shell out the big bucks to make your front lawn look gorgeous, and one excellent way of making it pop is by pinpointing areas of interest with some proper lighting. Working your way around shadows and shades can introduce a lot more depth to a front lawn, so hiring professional lighting services is something we strongly recommend you do.
- A Good Power Wash To Bring Things Together: Last but not least, extravagance should always be covered by the most basic necessity out there, and that’s giving your front lawn a good power wash to keep things tidy and bring it all together. Plenty of front lawns are actually beautiful if owners spend some time cleaning the driveway and exterior, and it’s about time you do the same as well.
Don’t Let That Potential Curb Appeal Go To Waste!
Overall, there’s no reason you should be letting your potential curb appeal go to waste because that’s just voluntarily missing out on some fun and objective benefits you could be enjoying on a good weekend. So, before you plan that itinerary for your next country destinations, fix up the stuff around your home first.